Great time with wife at Breckenridge

by: Sam Pruitt - Mar 19, 2009

Pros: ski-in ski-out hotel very nice staff, View outstanding

Cons: Huge Snowcat @ 4:00 am "Good morning"

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2009

We stayed at the Village hotel for 5 days and had a blast. Ski school was a must and well worth the cost. Thanks Ben!!! I checked out "OntheSnow.com" before going and found it very informative. Thank-you to the folks who took the time to write a review. They were all very helpful.
I would advise arriving a day before to get use to the altitude.
Whenever we wanted to go to the store or out to eat, the hotel provided a car and driver, nice touch. I thought The Quandry had excellent food. Rasta Pasta was right up there.
A good friend loaned us helmets. They keep your head warm and help keep you alive. Rent a helmet camera to record your runs.
We found the prices for gear to be cheaper out there than our "outlet store" here in Florida charged and you"ll have a lot better selection. You can buy everything you need in town, everything.
Everyone skis different, snowboarders love speed it seems, and they can be up on you in seconds, just set your pace, they"ll go around you. Don't be afraid.
My instructor told me "You own this mountain, take your time going down. Set your own speed and you"ll enjoy it all day". I milked that mountain every time.