by: Mike - 12th December 2008

Great town, very big, lots of skill differential.
Expensive, crowded, tons of kids

I've been skiing all over Colorado since I was 3. After 23 years of this, I've had a chance to visit many resorts in the Rockies. Breckenridge is definitely a resort in which needs to be visited if you enjoy skiing. With this in mind, realize it is a very popular resort, and you are going to see long lift lines during high season. Im a more advanced skier, so I don't usually stay low on the mountain, and by doing that it clears up the lift lines a lot. I usually head to the more advanced terrain where families with their kids just simply cannot go. This makes for a great day, although sometimes you get to ride the slower lifts. This is a trade-off I'm willing to make. Breck has some very fun bowls if the snow is good, and they have a lot of black runs which make for a nice day out. If you're looking for a place that isn't going to have a lot of people on the hill, then stay away from here... but if you want to ride on some very diverse skill oriented terrain, Breck is a great place to go. If you're into park/pipe skiing, you definitely have to check Breck out, as it has one of the best parks I've ever seen.