Breckenridge Review

by: anonymous_user - Mar 22, 2008

Date Visited: Mar 22, 2008

Our family enjoys Brekenridge every year. Everyone talks about the crowds but I can honestly tell you that the mountain is soo big that once you get away from from the main lifts, (Colorado on Peak 8, QuickSilver on Peak 9, etc.) Youll have a blast and wont have to worry about the people. I always go up to Peak 7 because its newer and not as many people (if any) go up there. Also, on peak 7 you can get easy access to the T bar which I love to go because of the extreme terrain.

My kids arn't ready for extreme yet (except my nine year old) so when my husband and I want to take the T bar and maybe go on imperial bowl (my personal favorite) we put them in ski school which they always enjoy. The instructors are nicee and even my 3 year old (who barely skis yet) has fun indoors. On holidays, the ski school in the village is usually crowded so you might want to try Beaver Run (peak 9) or Kids Castle (peak 8) but, my five year old has severe food allergies so if your kid is the same, you can even pack their own personal lunch.

Either were always lucky or Breck always has alot of snow because whenever we go (spring and winter) theres powder!! My family is always used to alot of snow! The trails are also well marked and there are plenty of helpful ski patrol roaming the mountain incase anything happens. The mountain is so big, you could ski one of the 4 peaks every day for 4 days!

There are alot of amazing terrain parks and my crazy seven year old son likes getting "air" on jumps. They are easily accesible and sometimes I can even watch from the side with my camera if i don't want to go with him. All of my older kids enjoy the half pipes (especially my oldest 9 year old daughter, the only snowboarder in the family!)

The lifts are fast and the express lifts are amazing!! And, if you don't want to drive up to each of the bases (which you always can!!!!) then you can just take the gondola up straight to peak 8 and start!!!

(Hint: keep a trail map with you at all times!! The mountain is BIG and easy to get lost!!!! :)) YOU CAN PRINT THE ONE I HAVE ATTATCHED

I always enjoy Breck and hope you have fun when you go!!!!!!!!
GOOODDDD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!