by: anonymous_user - 30th January 2008

I was at Breck for the first time the week before Christmas '07 with my 6 year old on our 3rd annual father-son ski trip out west. I have to say that it lived up to it's billing as having something for everyone. The snow was great, the staff at the mountain and the people we met in town were friendly and helpful and the food was amazing. I highly recommend the baked zitti at Micheal's on Main Street and if you have kids, you must check out the sledding hill behind the elementary school. I had forgotten how much fun sledding was. Skiing with a kid that still wedges his turns, I really appreciated the layout of the peaks (i.e. the way the terrain is separated basically by abliity level). At other resorts, instead of enjoying my time with my son on the slopes, I spent most of my time trying to block the snowboarders from running him over. And when he was at ski school, I found plenty of trails to make my thighs burn. All in all, a very good place to visit. My only gripe was that the 4ft stuffed Ripperoo that we brought back for my 2 year old daugther was too big to fit in the overhead of the plane.