Breckenridge Review

by: anonymous_user - Dec 28, 2007

Date Visited: Dec 28, 2007

I had a great time at Breckenridge as always. I think it is one of Colorado's best ski resorts because it shines in every area. I tried to board as much of the mountain as I could in the 4 days I was there and I loved all of it. It has a great lay out and all though it can be a little crowded at the base of the mountain, I've seen much worse at Vail as well as other resorts. Once you start jumping around to different peaks the crowds thin out a lot. We spent most of the day boarding on runs that weren't very crowded at all and had a blast.

I've boarded and skied at Vail, Beaver Creek, Snowmass, Winter Park, Copper Mountain, Keystone and Breckenridge and the one I'm drawn to the most is Breckenridge. I love the mountain lay out, I love the town and atmosphere and the people are always great there. Of all the other resorts I've gone to I've frequented Vail, Beaver Creek and Winter Park the most. Winter Park has a great mountain but a small town with little to do. Vail and Beaver Creek are great mountains, the back bowls are awesome and you can spend days back there and their villages are obviously nice too. The reason I like Breckenridge more is the runs are just as good, the lay out in my opinion is better and lastly, the people are a lot more friendly. Vail gets very crowded on the main peak. There are frequently loads of skiers there and they're all grouchy and bitchy and that's why I got tired of going there, the people/tourists/crowds just get old quick. Go to Breck, you'll love it and late January through March is the best time!