by: bgautrea - 22nd March 2008

I rode at Breck with my wife and brother-in-law back at the beginning of March. I'm an advanced-intermediate rider while my wife and BIL are both beginners. My wife and BIL took a morning lesson and got a beginner lift ticket and I got a regular lift ticket. The wife and BIL both really enjoyed thier day and their lesson but I on the other hand can only say that I had a fair experience and dont think it was worth the cost of the lift ticket. I think the terrain parks were well maintained, but as for the rest of the mountain, I've ridden better snow for half the price at other ski resorts. I will give it that Breck has a TON of area to ride and I think that is what adds to the ticket price, but who is going to ride 4 different peaks in 1 day? The lift lines were also a bit aggravating too given the sheer volume of people and we were there on a weekday. There is no doubt that the area is well maintained and that makes for a better experience but I think I've gotten better bang for my buck at other resorts.