Quality skiing

by: mitchdogg21 - Oct 17, 2010

Pros: big, terrain parks, lifts, great blue runs, long runs, snow, view

Cons: Town/Service

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2007

I visited Breckenridge about 2 years ago and when i went it snowed practically every day so the conditions were perfect. It took us about 4 hours to get there from Denver because of a blizzard which closed off route 70 and left us with only 2 hours of skiing that day. The mountain offered slopes from beginners all the way to advanced but it is more for the intermediate skiers due to the lack of green runs closer to the peak of the mountain. There are 4 peaks peak 7, peak 8, peak 9, and peak 10. My favorite was peak 10 it had incredibly long blue runs along with some black diamonds. The first day i was trapped going down a black diamond on my first run because the snow and the wind caused me to misread a sign. Peak 9 had some really good runs and so did peak 8. I didnt spend much time on peak 7 because there was not a lot of runs and they were mostly short blue and green runs. I couldn't try out some of the tougher double black diamonds near the top because it was closed due to the snow. The jumps at the terrain parks were huge and i only attempted it once because i was not much of a freestyle skier at the time. From what i have heard the terrain parks at Breckenridge are some of the best in Colorado. The lift lines were not too bad and they were fast lifts. The view at the top cannot be explained in words. The only bad thing i experienced here was the amount of foreign people here and the inability for them to direct you to your lodging. We were mislead about 3 times. Breckenridge is a 5 out of 5 ski resort you will not be dissapointed.