by: Jack - 1st April 2010

great hike-to-terrain, relatively uncrowded, cool town
peak 7 lift lines, some blues should be greens on peak 7

This was my first time out west and I was extremely impressed with the mountain. I spent 3 days snowboarding here with my friend and his dad. Unfortunately, my friend's dad switched from skiing to snowboarding and he wanted to stay on the blues the whole time. I couldn't just ditch them and go on some harder trails because they were the ones who brought me there, so I was upset that I couldn't explore much terrain that is exclusive to the rockies. I did get to check out a hike-to-terrain run on the back side of peak 9 called "Windows 1" which was one of the coolest experiences of my 14 year old life, which included my first time riding in deep powder and getting lost in the snow-filled woods. It just amazed me how you could just go wherever you wanted to go in that run and that there was no boundries. If I never went on Windows 1 alone, I think that going out west would not be all worth it because back in Maryland I pretty much ride boring groomers the whole time because that is all they have. So if you are an intermediate skier from the east coast, and you end up out west, please do yourself a big favor and explore the terrain that is in front of you, and don't stick to the terrain that you are used to riding back east. The next time I go out west, I am not going to accept riding blues all day. You probably don't really care about my story but this is important. Breck is a pretty amazing resort, but you just need to find the hidden gems on the mountain that I never explored. I have heard that these are amazing runs, check these out : (Peak 7): Ore Bucket (Peak 8): Snow White (Peak 9): Windows chutes 2-9, Twin Chutes, Mine Shaft (Peak 10) Dark Rider, and Mustang. So when you have a great opportunity to be here, don't leave anything on the mountain.