by: ArrowHead - 15th April 2007

I'm a Coloradoan from the Front Range & have been coming to Aspen twice a season for 7 years now. Thus, I've developed several opinions about my Aspen experience. One, I absolutely love 'Highlands & from day one recognized why it is labeled the locals favorite. "Highlands is all about skiing & has plenty of advanced & expert terrain to challenge the serious skier. Further, the views of the 'Belles Pyramid peak are breathtaking. Lunch at Merry Go Round is a throw back to the old days of dining on the mountain. Two, Snowmass is a solid mountain with terrain for everyones tastes. It took me several seasons to finally discover the trails, nooks & crannies that suit me but now that I have I'm happy to recommend Snowmass. Three, Ajax has a name & location but has to be, in my opinion the most overrated hill in the state. The trails are short & the bottom 1/2 of the hill is nearly devoid of worthwhile skiing. Essentially, you only ski the bottom 1/2 to get to the bottom at the end of your day. Frankly, the terrain at Arapaho Basin & Loveland Basin is more diverse & challenging than Ajax. But, Ajax has the ching-ching & bling-bling. Finally, I don't want to end on a sour note because I've always enjoyed my experiences in Aspen & I'm glad as a Colorado resident we have this crown jewel it just goes to show me that even if you have a boatload of dinero it doesn't mean you know where the best skiing is. But, hey I'd rather you spend your money here than in UTAH !!!