by: C. - 10th April 2012

Only one thing - the mountain guides
Snotty, rude store clerks - poor trail markings

You always take a risk with Spring skiing and our club had to book last June when we were booking and planning our trips. April 9th through the 13th is this trip & I have skied for two days in the worse conditions I have EVER experienced in spring skiing. Yes, this year was a tough snow year BUT - $70 per day for our lift ticket for a mountain that has more brown showing and rocks is just plain greed. The skiing conditions on the mountain is dangerous - not just bad but dangerous. Poor skiers who aren't very skillful yet are in real jeopardy of getting hurt with the patchy snow. Trails at Snowmass were not even marked well to tell you the best way to get down. I commend the Highlands for having great patrollers who have made it safe for the skier to ski down all the way (since they won't allow downloading. I've skied many areas and i cant believe this area wants people to remember not only bad snow and brown mud but clerks who obviously are done for the year and wish they could close the doors. I think Telluride is the place to go for friendly everywhere staff and assistance and a great mountain with wonderful terrain. Due to the lack of concern for skiers/riders that Aspen area has this area will be taken off our roster to return in the futurel Not recommended to visit.