Arapahoe Basin Ski Area Review

by: anonymous_user - Mar 12, 2008

Date Visited: Mar 12, 2008

My family and I went to A-Basin during the week of March 3rd. I have two young children aged 3.5 and 5.5. We had a great time. The snow was great, and the staff were very courteous and helpful. I put my kids in Ski half-day programs, and they had a good time.
The best thing about A-Basis, other than the snow itself,is the staff. The quality of their trainers is the best I have seen. Also the general staff are very courteous and accommodating. The first day my son came down with a fever right after we had purchased his 1/2 day training package (but before he started). When we went to school they refunded his package and my wife's tickets right away. Lesser resorts would at best give you a credit voucher.
Parking is free, and if you get early, or mid-week, you can find parking right at the base of the lifts, and there is also a 15 minute free "at the door" drop-off parking. We loved that since hauling two kids and their gear was a chore.
We didn't need rentals, but we did notice how conveniently located and staffed the rental facility was.
All in all, this is not a huge resort (like Keystone) but has great slopes, great snow, is very easy to get to once you park your car, and the staff are just the best.