by: anonymous_user - 5th March 2006

• Nightlife

Drove there from Luzern about 30 minutes by car. Parking was empty, overcast sky. Lift tickets 52Sfr. up to the Stand by about 10 o'clock. After 2 runs lift close due to high winds, I try to ask what the policy for this and they say sorry written in small on the back of the pass no refunds due to weather. Told to go over to the other side and ski on the Joch. On the Joch basicly only one run is open, snowing at the top, rainy on the lake. So at about noon I decide to hit the restaurant at the top for a snack. Restaurant open and smoky, I walk over to the non smoking section. It is close because we don't want to clean too much as it is not so busy today I am told. I asked the lady if she was serious, her reply well it's only smoke then cars should be illigal too. That basicly ended my day at Engelberg, was back in Luzern at about 1 o'clock. And I will not go back ever again. If you sell a Lift pass and know that you will close 60% of the mountain within the next 90 minutes you should tell your customers this before you get them to pay. As to the restaurant non smoking, too lazy to work situtation typical of the swiss. Anyway enough of this place will be going to Saas Fe and St. Moritz this weekend and I am sure that will be more professional.