Read other skiers' first hand reports from Central Sierra.

Displaying 16 - 30 of 655 First-hand Reports

posted 9 day(s) ago by anonymous user

China peak falls short My family and I will never buy season passes here again they could blow snow like tahoe but don't want to spend any money then why would any one buy a pass here we live in Cali it's a must to blow snow
posted 10 day(s) ago by Martin

The fact that a ridge of high pressure sat over central Cali this winter is certainly not CP's fault. I won't get in my usual 40+ days but am grateful CP made enough snow for me to enjoy 8 days so far. Not the best, but any day on the mountain beats hanging out in the valley fog!
posted 10 day(s) ago by anonymous user

As a season pass holder for 10 years never have I only been able to ski for one month they should refund us or give us a pass for next year
posted 11 day(s) ago by Dano

Is dodge done for the year? Hard to believe that this year ended up being worse than last year.
posted 17 day(s) ago by Ella

The temperatures were hot today, the sun relentless, but the resort is doing a great job keeping the slopes groomed. It was crowded Saturday and Sunday, not bad today and probably ski right up to the chair lift tomorrow.
posted 17 day(s) ago by iPhone

Hard and fast in the morning, slushy by afternoon. Not many trails open, pretty crowded on trails that are open. Resort doing best they can with the snow and temperatures.
Wet Snow
posted 19 day(s) ago by Andrew

It was fun and all but a lot of the snow was wet and slushy because of the scorching sun. I've never seen so many people in shorts and shirts.
posted 19 day(s) ago by Ma lourdes's iPhone

Has anybody gone today. What does it look like ? Thinking of going tomorrow Or Monday Ty
Machine Groomed
posted 23 day(s) ago by cdc

Great coverage and snow quality, even when it rained.
Powder
posted 23 day(s) ago by powpow

Perfect day yesterday. Tons of soft powder and hardly any one around. Got a little icy on the front side in the afternoon but the backside was beautiful all day.
posted 26 day(s) ago by ktothea24

would like. to see dodge invest into snow machines or use them if they have them
posted 27 day(s) ago by Mitch

posted 31 day(s) ago by kelly’s iPhone

Only two lifts but the coverage was better than two weeks ago, not a bad day for ca snowboarding yesterday
posted 32 day(s) ago by fresno

Any day at China peak is better than the fresno fog. Sunny and warm. Not much snow this year but that's no ones fault. Perfect conditions for my little ones and perfect year for teaching the kids to ski as I'm not distracted by the more advanced runs. Good times had by all. Spring ski a a bit skiing a little early but I can't complain.
Machine Groomed
posted 33 day(s) ago by sams iphone

Snowmaking is great. Mountain has lots of cover on the front side. They have been working really hard on grooming.

Displaying 16 - 30 of 655 First-hand Reports