by: belindajk - 27th February 2008

• Nightlife

Sugar Bowl is my favorite in the Tahoe area, and I've skied at most of them now. I've never had a bad time there. I've only been once in the 07/08 season, and that was before there was much snow, but still it was a lovely day. I usually hit Sugar Bowl for day trips and hit other resorts for overnights. I live in the Bay Area, and Sugar Bowl is the easiest drive for me. In good weather and minimal traffic, I can be from San Mateo to Sugar Bowl's parking lot in right about 3 hours. You have to get up early in the morning to beat the traffic, though. Load up your gear the night before and put your coffee pot on timer. Then grab your coffee and get out the door at 5:30. You'll be there when the lifts open. The staff at Sugar Bowl are friendly and efficient. On weekends they have traffic managers at the busier lifts to keep things moving smoothly. Most of the lifts are of the modern, high-speed variety and are easy to get on and easy to exit. The main reason I love Sugar Bowl is the terrain. They have lots of great stuff for intermediates like me. They have plenty of advanced and beginner, too. It's great for families/groups of mixed abilities.