by: John Gonzalez - 27th August 2008

Great Terrain, Beautiful Scenery, Awesome Snow, and Military Friendly
It can be crowded....sometimes

As a member of the armed forces, I am truly greatful for the many great times I've had at Squaw, because of their military appreciation rates. I've taken advantage of the free lift tickets, and discounts on rentals on many occasions. As you may know, we don't get paid a lot, and skiing is a luxury we can't always afford. But Squaw has extended their generosity to us, and it is greatly appreciated. Corporate America does not seem to give a damn about us, but here is one rare instance where somebody is doing the right thing. Squaw should be comended for it. Other resorts offer a pitiful, small discount, and make getting the discount difficult (you have to purchase the tickets at very specific, out of the way military locations).....but Squaw has made the process easy, and it's 100% free. Unbelievable. Thank you very much. Also, the mountain rocks, and the terrain and snow are amazing. So even if you're not military, you will enjoy this place. Squaw is definitely one of the best mountains in North America, and ranks in the top 3 in Tahoe.....in my humble opinion.