by: szuping - 14th March 2007

My girlfriend and I went to Squaw Valley for night skiing last Sunday. We were both at beginner level. We took the cablecar to the high camp to practice on the green slopes there since it was our first time skiing in a big mountain. It was a quiet, perfect evening. Then we decided to take the plunge down the mountain on the intermediate run. Big mistake!! The snow was so hard-packed that we can't slow down much. It's like skiing on ice at some point. I actually fell on the slope that almost gave me concussion. Then my girlfriend lost her wallet on the slope. A staff actually took her to the top and rode her down on a snowmobile to search for the wallet. But she couldn't find it. Just when we were about ready to hate the place, a staff called next morning that they found her wallet. They in fact called Blockbuster (in Florida) for her phone number since she has the membership card in the wallet. We can't appreciated more for their kindness and service, and it saved our trip. I don't know why people think the staff there are rude. I think they are pretty nice (maybe the ticket seller was a bit impatient). All in all, the snow condition is not desirable the day we went, but I'll give the service a 10 out of 10.