stay away from it, very disappointed at its dishonesty

by: tar9941 - Dec 26, 2009

Pros: 0

Cons: big cheater

Recommended For: Empty Nesters

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2009

We have 2 kids, one is 6 years old beginner skier, and one 2 years old. We thought they would both get fun from Soda Spring. According its website, it offers begineer ski route and tubing, etc. Pricing seems ok. However the trip turns to be a big disappointment.

We went visited on 12/22/09. After we bought the lift tickets, we realized one of the lifts (total 2) is closed that day. The still operating one is too higher for my 6-year-old daughter. The operator told me they had some mechanic issue with "Lion's Head". I kept watching them for about 30 minutes, they took no action. I asked them again if they can operate it again. One of the guys hinted me they are fewer people than they expected, Lion Head will not open for the rest of the day. Of course I'm not happy.

I went to the base lodge asking for refund, the cashier refused to refund me the ticket, and pointed me a small poster out side, saying "no lift ticket refund for weather reason".

So, my daughter had to walk uphill by herself or let I pull her up. What a nightmare.

3 problems with Soda Spring.
1. If half of the lifts are not operating, staff should warn skiiers before they buy the tickets
2. It is a clear and sunny day, weather condition is just ridiculous
3. They should not steal people's money!