by: anonymous_user - 8th January 2007

Just went up there and got the $399 family season pass for two adults and unlimited kids under 12yrs. Had to go to Boreal to get the pictures taken. No camera yet at Soda Springs. It was pretty crowded the day I went there (01-5-07). It was also windy so only the lower lift was open. I went there with my 12yrs, 9yrs and 8yrs. I was a double black diamond skiier about 12 years ago and had my first kids and had a 12 yr hiatus from skiing. I had no problems picking it up again. Out of all the staff there, only one man was nice and friendly as well as helpful-he gave me a discount on the $55 beginner;s packages for the kids as we already had the season pass. Season passes only includes lifts-no lessons, no equipment rental. The rental area as well as lesson sign ups are downstairs-kind of chaotic. No one helps you get the kids fitted into the right equipment. It was crowded and busy. No lockers downstairs either-only upstairs. The lodge area was extremely crowded during lunch time. My kids were up and skiing down bunny slopes by the end of the lesson. I didn't know we could have had a "next step" lesson -additional $10 for the PM until I got home. My kids said they had a hard time understanding the instructor. I believe he was from Spain or Mexico. The bathrooms are downstairs and outside kind of. Strange setup but the bathrooms are nasty and stinky. Oh don't do the tubing thing if you have ski boots on. The season pass includes lift plus the tubing thing but does not include the mini-snomobile ride-must pay extra for that. For additional $50 you can get a add on to Boreal Season pass. I will be bringing my 6yrs and 4yrs old next and see how they like it. Positives: It is small.. Can't lose the kids if you have a lot of them and if you have little ones. Safe small environment for families. Not expensive. Lots of options for little ones if they tire of skiing or snowboarding. It is a good place to start with beginners and little ones. We will probably outgrow it in one year.