by: Shannon J - 16th March 2011

Small Community feel with a happy staff!
Food Service-sorry Snow Valley.

I was really surprised by the negative reviews I saw here so it compelled me to add my experience to give a different view. I have been to Snow Valley quite a few times over the years. First, I will agree with the parts about the Food Service. It's a shame that the quality has gone way down, but the price way up! Agreed about the rude group in there also. This is sad considering it's such a great little place to go with the Family, or even with just a friend to spend the day and it would be nice to relax with a good lunch or snack. But, the lines are over an hour long with terrible food, and rude service. Don't try sharing this with the Supervisor because this is part of the problem I think! I really hope upper Management considers these reviews and takes a hard look at this area to improve. I find the snow to always be consistent and feels fresh. I think this is considered grooming, and they seem to show much pride in their work. I really love the bubblegum trail! The back country area didn't get to open very long this season but it sure was beautiful! I usually use Chair 1, and there are a variety of trails to choose from. I wish I could tell you about the terrain park, but I am a little old for that! The staff- I have to say, the International exchange students that work on the lifts are really helpful and very happy to share their new experiences! They are great company! I love to see the same staff season after season in Snow Play sled place. Ricky, Shane, Harley & Rob are wonderful with my children! As you can see, we visit often enough to learn the names of our favorites. Snow Valley has certainly figured out that a happy staff = happy guests! Guest Service-Lori is always helpful and happy. I have never taken the lesson but the children's learning area sure looks great! I always hear parents speak positively of the program there so I would recommend it. I have my own equipment so I haven't seen the rental area. The Shop also has the nicest man named Leo or Lance. I am sorry if it isn't right but he wears crazy suspenders and is always very helpful and full of great information! The sales were wonderful this winter! It's really a small community feel at Snow Valley, and that's what I love about it. You are always guaranteed to have a really great day and feel like everyone wants to be your friend. Snow Valley's Manager should really be proud of what he has accomplished there!