by: CoopFamilySkier - 14th March 2011

Happy Lift Operators
free advice: re-think the Food Service Area.

Snow Valley has been our family fun place season after season, although we do not go as much as we would like! Once again, we were very impressed with the great lift attendants & staff throughout (Store, Customer Service window, Snow Sled Area guys.) Chatty and helpful! I was really impressed to see the lifts head person (and a GIRL at that!) out there working & laughing alongside the crew. It looked more like FUN than work, see for yourself. Bought the tickets down the road & went straight to the line & to the top in a matter of minutes! Its just such a nice day to plan with your family and friends and you can always count on the fact that if you have a newer boarder, the lift personnel will be there to help! I can not compliment this place enough. The only "con" experienced (and I am sorry to even mention it, but it is necessary) was the total lack of food choices on such a popular day, the food area was practically closed. The only counter that was open (almost a ONE HOUR WAIT to find out they only offered BREAKFAST at lunch time, and a rude (older blonde woman) that needs a few courses in customer service. We went in twice & happened to catch the Bar Manager who was even more rude than the lady downstairs. Maybe they should go outside & work with the lift kids to learn a good lesson in good customer relations? Amazing that you could order "egg burritos" but they were out of tortillas! Got Coffee? Nope, not them. We are truly hoping it was due to the road closures (not SnoValleys fault). If you can avoid the food area, (pack a lunch & use the pic nic area) you will be so glad you chose this little ski area! Once you make it to the back country, you will never go anywhere else! 2 thumbs up for the lift staff and the team leader (Manager? I wish I would have gotten her name!!!). Don't change!