Related Regions: Big Bear Lake, Sierra Nevada, Southern California, California, North America, United States

Snow Summit Firsthand Reports

Firsthand, user-generated ski reports from Snow Summit.

jameswp77

Awesome Spring conditions but horrible coverage. low expectations made it a good day of boarding

Machine Made 1"
Snow Summit +

Fricken so fun had a blast defiantly worth it. Everyone should go at least once this season will be back

Hard Packed 0"
iPhone

I was up there for the weekend, very pleased with the condition.

Snow Summit +

Went up last night for night boarding. Hard packed with a thin layer of fresh snow. Snow was decent but still had a blast. Blowers were on and it looks like a little bit of snow is on its way tonight. Better make your way up before the temps go back up.

Hard Packed 1"
Mammoth SPH

My buddies dragged me up there under protest on Wednesday Jan 29th, I have to say I was surprised, it was not too bad considering everything. Snow was groomed and fun, ice was minimal. however I could only snowboard from 9:30 till 1 because the snow got so slushy, it kept grabbing the board, it was kind of unnerving. if your not to picky you can actually have fun. Props to Snow Summit for doing so much with so little

Machine Made
iPhone 4S

Awesome day today. The two inches of snow and man made snow was really nice in the morning and was still great when we left around 4pm. What really helped it not turn it into slush was the cold weather. It was 30 degrees!

Mitchell's iphone

I think the skiing is great for a day or two better than nothing

Machine Groomed
BBL Local

Terrible conditions today! Sooo icy! It didn't get any better even as the temp warmed up. The grooming was horrible with tons of giant craters, divots, and ruts. What's up Snow Summit? You guys were doing so well with what we've been given this season. I won't b back until we get some powder.

ski fanatic

Really fun skiing here over the weekend - good coverage on the open runs, groomed in the morning, a few very few icy spots, some slush by lunch, getting crusty in the shady spots in the afternoon. No lift lines.

Machine Groomed 0"
chibichicqueen

nice snow. wasn't hard in the morning. afternoon around 1 had some slush. no lines today