by: ToniBunny - 16th March 2009

Fun for all Ages
Occasional speed demon snowboarder

My husband, 9 year old son and I spent our Spring Break this year at Snow Summit in Big Bear Lake, CA. We were planning on just spending one day at Snow Summit and then the next at Bear Mountain. That was until we had more fun than we thought possible with spring skiing. Our levels were mixed with my son spending his very first day on a snowboard, my husband swishing down the intermediate/advanced slopes and myself enjoying the low intermediate paths of the mountain. My son took the GuaranRide snowboard class and the instructors were fabulous! He was swooshing down the mountain on his first day. His confidence level high. I was quite pleased to find a low intermediate path that came from the top of the mountain. Factor in the Family Zone with mixed terrains and EVERYONE was happy and ready to return the next day. The snow was slightly slushy as was to be expected, but perfect skiing up until 3:00ish. A return to this mountain is the highest compliment that we could give it, considering we had other choices. But choose Snow Summit for your family ski trip, you won't be disappointed.