Sierra Summit Mountain Resort Review

by: anonymous_user - Jan 27, 2008

Date Visited: Jan 27, 2008

small town mountain is pretty cool if you're a local (basically Fresno) - probably most isolated place in central California. Price is right, but I wouldn't make the trek if I didn't live so close (I'd fly somewhere else or take the day for Tahoe). Roads well maintained. Seven lifts are all relatively slow compared to bigger resorts ("Exhibition" antiquated enough to almost take my head off). Only a few really good advanced runs (no double diamond) and some fun tree stuff - can get tracked out quick. Terrain park only has one isolated lift at the bottom which gets extremely crowded. Worst halfpipe ever - always kinky (I've yet to see it fresh cut). Equipment rentals are very old (90s) and thrashed (snowboard boots I got were ridiculously packed out) - even investing in the very cheapest new stuff would be better. On a good note, classic California weather rarely gets very cold even in the peak of winter. When the sun is out (frequently), it actually gets too hot - probably like late spring air temps in other parts of country.