A Tahoe Gem!

by: heaven is a mountain - Jan 3, 2010

Pros: Great views, cheap and friendly

Cons: you could say small resort but that keeps the crowds away!- Bonus!!

Recommended For: Singles, Family Friendly

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2009

Sierra is a great mountain just like Homewood, big enough to really enjoy and discover some wonderful spots but not too big to attract the crowds. First came to Tahoe with friends (all guys) and had a blast through Squaw-Alpine-Heavenly-Kirkwood etc enjoying the blues through to the d diamonds. Had to show my girlfriend Lake Tahoe's beauty so came back a few years later after some saving up- we're from kent UK and went to Sierra 4 times out of 12 days of me riding and her skiing (so our on the mountain days were very precious)and she absolutely loved it-sierra was her favourite of all of Tahoe's mountains! The greens were perfect for her as she was able to go from the very top to the bottom which really built up her confidence! While she was learning to ski the greens after lessons at heavenly i could explore the mountain and never got bored. Another plus point was being a tourist you do not want to be surrounded by them 24/7 , you want to meet local people- everyone we met were very friendly and a joy to chat to on the chair lifts which you generally do not get in Europe believe me!!
This is definately one of my Tahoe favourites and can't wait to go back

Don't miss out! The Heavenlys are great but don't forget the gems like this :)