Best Kept Secret... Really!

by: snwbrddad34 - Feb 26, 2009

Pros: Trails, Slopes, Lots of Snow... even on NO snow days, real close!

Cons: Slow lift and unfriendly parking spaces, no night runs, expensive food/beer

Recommended For: Singles, Family Friendly

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2009

Many still consider Baldy as "not the place to be" and it's totally OK by me. I really like the fact that I can snowboard all day and go home to my warm and cozy bed in no time. This really has a lot of cool trails, not as groomed as the other local mountains (Big Bear, Mtn. High) but that adds to the fun of skiing/boading here. Beginners are welcome, and infact I brought my young nephews here on 2/21/2009 and they learned in no time because the slopes are just vast and lets you ride to your heart's content.

The lifts are old and S L O W so come early to get plenty of runs. I would not mind paying more if they can keep this park groomed and "private" like it is now. I love the fact that there are virtually no lines and you can ski/board anywhere there's snow... a really good PLUS for EXPERTS.

Many of my friends still will not step foot on this mountain because they are "real boarders"... I wish they'd stay that way so I and the rest of us Baldy fans can truly enjoy this local winter playground in our backyard.