by: Steve - 26th December 2010

Not A Single One.................This Year.
No Access to Resort Though Resort Info Reprts Roads Open.!

My family and I planned a great weekend and a great winter at this resort. So far I was wrong. We drove up Christmas day after a great dumping and although the website reported "road open to residents and customers," it was open for residents only and we were turned back and threatened with citation from SBD Police. I emailed customer service and they apologized and I checked this morning, 12-26-2010, and road was reported as "open." We arrived by 7:45AM this morning and again rounded the barricade only to be stopped by road crew representative who explained "15 tons of boulders were already filling the 4 major holes...but asphalt won't be up with road open until after New Years." He also reported that police were "on the way and giving citations to anyone" where I was. We believed him and turned around only to arrive home to read on Mount Baldy Website "ROAD HAS BEEN REOPENED." I read this at 12 noon 2 wasted days, 6 hrs of driving and 3/4 gas tank for a Holiday Weekend Downer! MOREOVER I DON'T BELIEVE THE ROAD IS OPEN OR I WOULD DRIVE BACK UP. I OFFER THIS NEGATIVE REVIEW OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED. "ROAD CLOSED" WOULD'VE SAVED ME ALL THE TROUBLE. Have a super winter fellow riders. =)