Horrible Customer Service

by: samhakim - Apr 25, 2010

Pros: The ski rental office is great

Cons: The ticket office is plain rude

Date Visited: Apr 1, 2010

I visited Mt Baldy twice this year, the last time on April 24 2010. I like this resort for its proximity to LA, but I really think that the management of this resort should train their staff to be customer friendly. The staff at the ticket office is just rude. They make you wait while they chat with one another behind the window, and ignore you. You need to remind them several times that you are waiting. If you want to unload elderly passengers, they start screaming. At Chair 1, the first staff you see to take the lift up the mountain, literally yells at you if he can't see your lift ticket. I injured my hand when I fell, and I asked several ski patrols if they had a bandaid, to no avail. But I was suprised to find the staff at the ski rental shop there to be friendly. They bend over ackwards to help you, give the best skis they have and put you in the most comfortable boots.

I am not sure I will visit this place again. The customer service is really poor. It is a big difference from Mt Waterman where the staff really makes you feel you are welcome and thanks you for driving all the way to ski there!!