by: KalaniSurf - 20th January 2010

EZ drive, lotsa jibs/jumps-helpful hosts-gr8 bar (Bullwheel)
Rude Parking Attendants-long lift lines-thieves-West not for skiers

Mtn High is only 45 mins away from our home (both to-and-from), thus we avoid the curvy 4hr long traffic jam drive back home from Bear (even though we prefer Bear's longer runs/features), our young kids get car sick so we like that it's a slow-gradual non-curvy experience. Also, the road hardly ever requires chains. Last yr we had 6-packs & season passes, but this yr we're buying the "points tix", since the kids like to take long breaks in-between runs the "points tix" are a gr8 alternative for families who don't like the time pressure of a 4-hr/8hr pass, ea time u use the lift ---pts are debited, one time my youngest got sick early and ended up only going up the lift w/ my wife twice, she took care of him the rest of the morning, had we bought a day pass it would've been an expensive waste. We wish Bear/Summit had this option as well, but they don't. I am originally from Vancouver (Whistler) so please understand that this SoCal mtn "is what it is", don't expect the snow to mirror CO, UT, or BC, so those folks who send reviews that the snow sux or complain that its icy have unreasonable expectations. When it snows, its fun, period. East Resort has some gud long runs, & I would recommend that skiers hang-out over there, while West Resort is really geared for riders like me, we have a mixed family of 2 skiers & 3 snowboarders. West's Blueridge Express lift is pretty fast & its the best route for the terrain park- the park has some gr8 jumps/jibs/jibes, but it pales in comparison to Bear, Mammoth or the Nintendo Park @ Blackcomb, the Faultline Crew definitely keep things well maintained. The West runs are mostly short in length & the black diamonds are actually difficult blues on most mountains. My biggest complaint --- the parking attendants are totally rude. Parking is tight---I understand the need to fit as many cars as possible, but some of those imbeciles don't even give u enough room to open the rear-hatch or passenger-door (get rid of the power-trip parking idiots earning minimum-wage & replace them with polite folks w/ brains). Prepare yourself for door-dings. On the other hand, the hosts/hostesses/lift operators are terrific, particularly if u have small kids - they go outta their way to help our children get on/off the lifts. Advice, bring locks 4 your gear (like Bear/Summit), they have a theft problem. Food is expensive, but not as pricey as eating at a movie. We really like the picnic tables by the open firepit & we see tons of folks bringing their own picnic baskets. The Bullwheel Bar has a nice fireplace & they serve a gr8 chili-bowl. Lift-lines can be long, and they do have a rope problem, cuz a ton of skate-rats cut in, but like I said the lift-operators are all super-cool. If it snows and the conditions r gud, then Mtn High can be a terrific family experience.