Mountain High Review

by: aldoinla - Jan 29, 2008

Date Visited: Jan 29, 2008

Spent the day up there yesterday, Monday, with my son and his two friends. we had a great time. OK, it had just dumped 2 feet of pow the night before so there was snow-a-plenty. Friendly staff and nice people. Yes, this is a snowboard hill so skiers be aware that you will be outnumbered, 15:1.

I'm over 40 and spent quite some time chatting with the local boarders, replete with their bandannas and oversize t-shirts who we're nothing but gracious and informative. Yes, they're a proud bunch, but they had no problem telling me, a first timer, where all the good runs we're located as well as what to avoid. Seemed extremely family friendly to me. I saw no line cutting or bad behavior as described in many of the posts......and this was on one of the best snow days in 5 years. I could see however, how it could get crowded on a weekend given it's proximity to LA and perhaps create some friction between the locals and the "guests". My suggestion....avoid weekends if you don't like crowds but do go to Mtn. High. It's terrific.