by: mlagunda - 11th March 2010

closer than Big Bear for us and accessible
see my review

Had a very bad experiece. When we arrived, there was no parking. Since we drove all the way from where we live we decided to park along the highway along with 100+ other cars. Did have some fun. while we were waiting for kids to finish we went to cafeteria for a few minutes. My husband soon found out that his snowboard was stolen. Reported to security. Around 6pm, our car nowhere to be found. Towed to LAncaster (45-50 minutes away). Waited for taxi. Left for LAncaste around 8:45. Kids were freezing. Cost us 200$ + for taxi. Arrived in LAncaster at 10pm. Just in time before towing company closes. (I won't mention the place already deserted and we did not know anyone from that city) Only takes cash around 430$+. I wish Mountain high would make arrangements for out of site parking since we're basically paying around 65$ to use the resort. Just like in Big Bear. It seems that our experience is a routine thing because they already had flyers to give to us , step by step process on how to get our car back. Money was secondary but our safety was more important to me. My kids were scared of the whole ordeal. I know we should not have parked along the highway, but what where we to do do when there was no parking anywhere else. That's it. I just want to vent and warn first timers to this resort.