by: westskier - 1st February 2010

A short drive from LA
Icy, Crowded, Unfriendly staff

I am an advanced skier. I usually ski in Mammoth and occasionally go to CO or UT. After a snow storm in CA 2 weeks ago, I decided to take short drive to mountain high. Fortunately, we got there early (before 8am). Otherwise it would be a nightmare due to the parking situation. The snow is hard and icy (mostly fake snow), and it starts to melt in the afternoon. There are a lot of terrain parks, but only a few runs are for skiers. The place is highly congested, and you have to watch for the boarders and beginners all the time. The worsted part is the park staff. They are very unfriendly and rude. They would ignore you when you ask a question, and yell at you for no reasons. They treat everyone like you don't what you are doing or talking about. I guess they were very busy and maybe got frustrated, but the customers come to have a good time and they deserve better treatment than that. Also I had to take off my backpack (just a water pack), otherwise they wouldn't allow me to get on the lift. I don't understand the reason behind it, and I have never experienced this in other resorts.