Related Regions: Sierra Nevada, Southern California, California, United States, North America

Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Firsthand Reports

Skier Comments & Photos from the Slopes of Mammoth Mountain Ski Area

What are the ski conditions like right now at Mammoth Mountain Ski Area? Read commentaries and see photos from fellow skiers and riders sharing their on-mountain experiences. Check back daily for new user-generated firsthand reports from Mammoth Mountain Ski Area to see ski conditions, new snow and general stoke from the slopes along with images. Firsthand reports are submitted via the OnTheSnow Ski & Snow Report App. Download the free app to be part of the conversation.

Displaying 946 - 955 of 1938 Firsthand Reports

93.5 | 94.5 | 95.5 | 96.5
why wont it snow(>_<)

ya no kidding, go to big bear they have 24" base good coverage nice weather and its cheaper and closer with no 115mph wind gusts at the ridge. cant remember when all of cali has hurt so bad for snow. mammoth is about 150" below what it should be. what a dry winter. sucks...

Mammoth Mountain Ski Area +

ya love it there,

Justin Freed’s iPhone

When you say "great" you mean Absolutely horrible snow for the rest of us...don't talk up like Mammoth has anything worth riding right now...but hey they are reporting a 25 inch base...bs

Mammoth Mountain Ski Area +

I will start off by saying that I have been coming to mammoth for good 12+ years now. I agree that the snow conditions are horrible compared to the norm up here, but they are not the worst mammoth has seen and YES, mammoth is still rideable. Chair 8 had some great soft spots so did the mill. There are some spots with very scarce coverage but most of them are avoidable. Small rocks here and there but no major dings or gashes to my board. I had a great time riding mammoth and I'll continue to ride all week. #PrayForSnow

Variable Conditions
cesarsiles

I come up here a lot, and I am pretty forgiving when conditions aren't great. However, conditions are simply dangerous now. This is day 5 for us, and I have tried every lift at Main. It is not honest to state there are 19 lifts open. All but Discovery (yes the beginner lift) has huge sections of solid ice. Not packed powder but ice. Stay away and wait for the next snow fall.

Hard Packed
Iphone de Justen

The snow was okay in the morning, just had to avoid rocks on all slopes, but just slush after 12pm. Not worth the full price they are charging.

Variable Conditions 0"
JR

Coverage is very thin on many runs, but you can find runs where snowmaking exceeds loss and the loose pack makes fine skiing. If you want to explore around the mountain though, you will encounter lots of rocks, pebbles & dirt patches. Definitely bring the rock skis.

annemariegraber

I love it it was fun but we need more snow i hat fun my 4rd time skin.

Hard Packed 0"
LisaH

Planned a week up here in Mammoth and was so worried that the snow would be awful and our money wasted. To my surprise it's fine. We had a blast today. No crowds, groomed runs have enough coverage. Some ice patches yes and some exposed rocks just avoid them.....simple. Some runs even have nice powder. So if you are coming up don't fret don't believe the negative nellys get up here.

Anonymous

Two nice huge and fun 45-55 foot jumps in main park. Building the 22 foot superpipe. Chance of snow in the forcast!!!! Do your snow dances and pray for snow im hoping this one will be huge.

Displaying 946 - 955 of 1938 Firsthand Reports

93.5 | 94.5 | 95.5 | 96.5

Get More From OnTheSnow

Get snow reports, weather, forecasts, news and ski conditions for your favorite ski resorts.