by: joanieg1 - 29th March 2007

I would have to agree with the skiier who encountered the challenges with snowboarders as well as skiiers who are speeding. If we all respect each other, use common sense safety rules, plus have the ski patrol enforce the rules, both snowboarders and skiiers would have a safer experience. I realize many areas are limited in their ski patrol force, however some of the larger Colorado areas have additional volunteers who have the job of helping enforce safety rules. I hope CA areas attempt to do the same. The volunteers, who wear specially colored jackets, have actually taken lift tickets from offenders--a lot of them!--what a concept!!! This would be a welcome action in order to impress on the speed demons that it simply is not appropriate to speed--similar to our roads and highways. I would welcome a relaxing enjoyable day on the slopes without the fear of being hit, crashed, or injured while participating in a sport I've loved for 30 years. I will say that after just returning from UT and skiing ALTA, I definitely had a very enjoyable trip without the addition of snowboards--sorry guys--it is more relaxing!!