by: Shashanav - 12th March 2013

Fresh powder; Friendly staff; great slope variety
High winds closed down some of the chairs to the summit

I really had to struggle hard to come up with cons to skiing at Mammoth. We LOVED it. 1. Fresh powder: We had THREE days of fresh powder and rented powder skis from Kittredge Sports. It made the experience fantastic. The staff at Kittredge were knowledgeable and friendly as well. 2. Immaculate Grooming: the groomed runs were great. And there are a lot of groomed runs to choose from - for all level of skier. 3. Lots of Choice : from the School Yard for my 3-year old son to the Avalanche Chutes, Mammoth Mountain is for every level of skier. 4. Friendly, helpful staff: from the Hosts who asked to CARRY our skis into Canyon Lodge to the Instructors who asked if we needed help putting on my son's ski boots to the smiling Lifities, smiles and cheerful, helpful staff were in abundance at Mammoth. 5. Mammoth Kids Program: Fantastic. My three-year old was alredy skiing on his own. The six half days he spent at with the ski school made him more confident and only increased his enjoyment of the sport. The instructors called him, "Little Dude," which I thought was really awesome! They also stopped for a break of hot chocolate, crackers and pretzels. I would highly recommend anyone with kids to take advantage of the ski school here. Overall, I would give our experience a 5-star rating. We flew to LA and then drove to Mammoth. Though the drive was longish (about 5 hours) the views made it worthwhile. We will definitetly be back. Thank you Mammoth Mountain for making our trip memorable and wonderful.