Related Regions: Sierra Nevada, Northern California, California, North America, United States, Lake Tahoe

Kirkwood Firsthand Reports

Firsthand, user-generated ski reports from Kirkwood.

Machine Made
posted 2 years ago by Ip

Always fun to get out but they're really hurting for snow. Cover is incredibly thin and rocks are hard to avoid. Gets worse later in the day when everything is skied out. Only a few lifts are open so it gets boring after a while.
Kirkwood +
Packed powder
posted 2 years ago by joe

Went skiing last sat. After it snowed 5" the day b4. The snow was great and it was a warm day for dec. lots of green n blue runs but a few blacks r open. Not lots of ppl and good snow .
posted 2 years ago by Anonymous

Thanks. Thats kinda what I figured. I was surprised to learn it was open at all.
posted 2 years ago by iphone

Cornice (chair 6) is absolutely brutal. It'll remain so until we get more snowfall. The first 20 feet or so is sheer ice with the usual wind gusts over ridges blowing 30mph+. To Kirkwood's credit they are blowing snow during the day so that helps marginally. I'd stick to Solitude (chair 5) until conditions improve. It will most likely be several weeks, unfortunately.
posted 2 years ago by sac78791

I was there yesterday and it was terrible. we need more snow. Not sure who is reporting all this snow, bit there's rocks and dirt spots even on the groomers. We left before noon.