by: gkphi5 - 17th March 2009

FANTASTIC VARIETY OF BOWLS AND CHUTES
SLOW LIFTS

I visited Kirkwood in Feb 2009 for the first time and kept going back. I travelled to Lake Tahoe with my wife, father in law ( 71) . If you love getting into deep snow then this resort is well worth the visit. I found the deepest snow I've ever been in and laughed my socks off at the amount of people I could see from chair four who had stacked it on the open bowl and struggling in the deep stuff. Even if you're not up for the steep and deep you can find plenty of easier trails with acessable powder close by. The only downside to this resort was how slow the lifts were, which meant long lift lines on busy days.Food and drinks at the base of the resort are very reasonable compared with other resorts near lake Tahoe , probably due to its location , but I personally love driving through the snowy mountains. Plenty of runs whether you are looking for adrenaline or a simple cruiser. Lift tickets are still $86 a day but we had pre-purchased a multi resort pass( my father in-law could have only payed $16 a day, how cheap ).This became the favorite resort of our trip this year due to the runs available and the quality of the snow.......fantastic , well worth a visit.