by: Aguilar - 3rd March 2008

• Nightlife

I just went boarding at JUNE MOUNTAIN on March 2, '08, and it has become my favorite mountain in California, short of Tahoe. It's a shame I live all the way in San Diego, or I'd buy a season pass. Sure Mammoth is awesome, but the friendly people (skiers, boarders, and resort staff), and zero wait at the lifts (On a weekend! Meanwhile, my friends were at Mammoth whining about 10-15 min. waits) is reason enough for me to drive right on past Mammoth and go for June! Every single person who works at June Mountain is awesome; From the person who sold me my lift ticket, to the lift operators, repair shop dudes, cafeteria staff, or the lady who scanned my ticket- I was really amazed by their hospitality and friendliness. Lift operators were especially cool. The dude at the bottom of chair 6 was always like, "What up!" And the cute girl running chair 4 in the afternoon always sent you up on the lift with the biggest smile. As far as the skiers/boarders, everyone was so polite and courteous it was surreal. So often did I see people sitting to the side, resting on slopes and more often than not other skiers and boarders would stop and ask them if they are alright. This was a sharp contrast to the things I witnessed at SNOW SUMMIT the previous weekend, where a 12-yr-old girl had fallen and some kids on their snowboards kicked a bunch of snow onto her as they passed. Also, whenever I found myself riding a lift with some random skier/boarder, I noticed that they always wanted to chat. The terrain was always entertaining, there are a lot of runs to choose from, but beware of the green runs because some of them get so flat for so long that it's irritating. Stick to the intermediates and diamonds and you'll have a blast. Have fun and bring the family and friends! See you there!