Great Mountain, Terrific Kids Ski Instructors/School, Poor Customer Service

by: sydneyki - Dec 25, 2009

Pros: Awesome Instructors-Kids/Adults, Terrific Views of Lake

Cons: Lack of customer service skills and poor training of front office staff

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2009

Great Mountain, snow was wonderful, kids ski instructors were amazing. Equipment Rental Mgr and the young lady at the boot rental desk were quite exceptional.

Poor Customer Service...Example 1: They double charged my family and triple charged another family we were traveling with and you won't know it until you go home and check your online banking statements.
I recommend paying in cash so that your electronic funds are not held against your control. Also, be aware that when we booked online the kids ski packages, they charged us again and again when we physically checked-in. I recommend not booking in advance and pay cash if possible when you get there.
Be advised that you will wait in line for everything even when you arrive early. Example 2: Our adult beg. ski class did not start until one hour past schedule, which when you have kids on the other lodge, is a big mess. We had to cut out early and couldn't even finish our class so that the kids could be picked up on time at the South Lodge which is at another location.
Example 3: Getting food at the north lodge cafeteria. We ordered at 12:15PM...the server didn't call out our number until 1:05PM. And the entire class had to get back to the class at 12:45PM.
I can go on...
It's a great ski resort physically, but it's a catch 22 with the people that work there...most are awesome and outstanding, but unfortunately a few really sucked at their jobs and turned our christmas week holiday into an "O'h my God, where's my money and how do I get it back!" / "Why does this person not know the prices of his own resort?" / "Why is she asking me how to do her job?"
P.S. Even if you keep receipts, check your online banking statements for confirmation of charges.