Homewood Mountain Resort Review

by: sabarbs - Feb 23, 2008

Date Visited: Feb 23, 2008

My husband and I had been to many other resorts the week we were in Lake Tahoe, including: Squaw, Heavenly, Northstar, etc. We spent our last day at Homewood on the recommendation of a local boutique store owner who had lived in Lake Tahoe pretty much all of her life. We were pleasantly surprised to say the least. We did have a few problems with the lifts the first hour we were there, and the lifts are not high-speed. However, the views from this particular resort are breathtaking! There are some runs that look like they fall off into the lake, it is really neat. My husband and I were saying to each other that this area was a little gem! It wasn't crowded and the runs were well groomed. We both like intermediate to advanced runs, and they are not tremendously difficult here, but are very fun to say the least. Also, there is a great discount on lift tickets if you happen to be a student. So, it is great for families with teens or college students as well. All in all, I would definitely come back to this resort! We loved it!