by: lexa - 25th January 2008

We used to come to Homewood as it offered nice value for your money with tix prices ~$40 and kids under 10 skied free. It has 1/2 of terrain of nearby Alpine not as much of vertical drop on most runs with snow quality usually inferior compared to Alpine, Squaw, Boreal or SugarBowl, probably due to proximity to the Lake. their staff from South America is friendly yet not alway trained enough to operate the chairs... Well, it has changed this year, with prices going up from $25 to $39 on midweek and $44 to $53 on weekends and Fri, $58 on holidays and $10 for kids...that's 20-50% hike. yep, they replaced a quad char with high-speed one, but there is no new terrain to match it. Basically, if I would get bored after I rode all the trails I can navigate 2-3 times in 5 hours last year, now with high-speed char I can do it in 3.5-4 hours. No much valus for me in this. They also mention about new food facility at norht lodge, I have not checked it yet, we always lunch up at the cafe on the mountain, nothing changed there, some construction is going on for 2-3 years but not end. If they could make the trails and join with Alpine, that would have been something (they are owned by the same company btw). yeah, this year theyr introduced ticket scanners at the bottom chairs, it slows you down somewhat... basically, the sprit went from good ole times to more money oriented enterprise... i now see more value for my buck in SugarBowl or Alpine...