by: anonymous_user - 30th March 2008

Let me start by saying I'm a snowboarder from the east coast AKA ICE COAST. I'm ride at an intermediate level and came to Tahoe for the week in the begining of March. I went to Mt. Rose, Heavenly, and then North Star. All of which I went Mid week, Mt. Rose was pretty brutal the weather was the coldest and pretty windy. They only had 1 run that I felt was at the level I wanted to be. The greens were too easy and most of the blues were more advanced then what I'm used to. Heavenly was pure Heaven the begining of the day. I started out on the CA side on the top. Then ventured all the way to the bottom of the CA side. Bad idea.... one of the green trails was completely covered in dirt. When it was about time to go home getting back to the gondola was HELL!!! Since I started out on the CA side the gondola is in the middle of the CA and NV side so it makes it very difficult to get to. They did not make this easy, and should really have had a better system of doing this. When going to the NV side there are many flat up hill connecting trails that made it difficult to snowboard. If you ski, then it's probably much easier. There were barely any signs and you had to ride halfway down the NV side then go up another lift and make your way through many more trails that were not very clearly marked to get to where the gondola was. I ran into several other people having the same trouble I was. This place was HUGE. I'm sure if you go here often and no your way around the trails this place is awesome. But if you snowboard and are going here for 1 day I recomend going some place else. THERE'S TOO MANY FLAT PARTS, AND THE TIX ARE THE MOST EXPENSIVE OUT OF ALL THE TAHOE MTNS!!! NORTH STAR was the SHI*!!!