by: anonymous_user - 11th January 2007

If you are visiting Tahoe, Heavenly is a must ski if for nothing else than the view of the lake from the top, there is just no other resort in North America that can compare. I have a season pass to Heavenly however it is not necessarily my favorite Tahoe resort. My pass is at Heavenly because 1. The View 2. Convience, I live on Highway 50 and Heavenly is one of the easiest/quickest to get to for me 3. Variety, Heavenly has an ENORMOUS variety of terrain including a lot of beginner/intermediate terrain (Important since I am teaching my girlfriend to ski this year) 4. Size, Heavenly has a LOT of terrain. It is the biggest resort in Tahoe. No matter how crowded it gets there is always someplace on the mountain where you can get off in the trees all by yourself 5. Value, Only a plus if getting a Season pass ($319). A regular lift ticket is one of the pricier ones in Tahoe at $70+ (not sure exact price) 6. The View, it deserves being mentioned more than once Other Heavenly Advantages -Stateline, NV - Where else can you ski all day, ride the gondola down, and walk to a Casino to Gamble/Drink/Party and sometimes even catch a good concert?. If you want Apres Ski in Tahoe, Heavenly is the place. -The View, it deserves being mentioned more than twice -On Mountain Dining - I always pack a lunch so I can't tell you anything about cost, quality, or variety but I do know that Heavenly has convience covered. There are 4 seperate Base areas in addition to 5 on-mountain areas were you can get drinks and food. Now why Heavenly is not my favorite resort 1. Crowds,Crowds,Crowds - Heavenly can get VERY crowded. With so much terrain there are areas of the mountain that don't get as bad and with so many high speed lifts lift lines aren't horrible but if you ski Heavenly (esp. on a weekend) you will have to deal with crowds at some point during the day. 2. Heavenly has less expert terrain than some of the other Tahoe resorts. There are GREAT expert areas (Mott, Killbrew, Gun Barrel) and TONS of excellent tree skiing but Heavenly just doesn't have the expert technical terrain to compete with the other resorts (Squaw,Alpine,...etc). 3. SNOWBOARDERS TAKE NOTICE: Heavenly has FLATS...in order to move between areas of the mountain you will have to traverse LONG flat sections of trail, they are unavoidable. Snowboarders, you will be forced to unstrap and walk. Skiers, you will be forced to skate/pole/walk your way around.