Borreal=Terrible

by: jwellsnaker - Nov 22, 2009

Pros: None

Cons: A LOT

Date Visited: Nov 1, 2009

Absolutely Terrible. I'm originally from the Northeast ( Boston) and this was the first skiing experience on the West Coast. Boy, this place was a mistake. We were first lured in by their inexpensive web advertised $40 lift tickets (which my friend sent me via email), which they quickly jacked at the ticket window to a whopping $47 with only 1 TRAIL OPEN!!! (I think they did this online an hr. before opening on Saturday. This mountain is a complete joke. The mountain is completely packed; I nearly had 4-5 collisions during the day just because there were too many people. Unfortunately after 7 runs, in a freak accident, my friend's ski board got caught on my ski and he caused me to fall after we got off the chairlift, twisting my knee and nearly tearing my ACL and LCL. In pain, I skied down the mountain and went to the ski patrol. I had not skiied over an 1 hr.. Ski Patrol informed me that they could not refund my ticket (even though I had skiied for less than an hr.) and all he offered me 1/2 off from the rental dept. Every mountain that I have skiied at in the Northeast would have been quite accepting of my request. And you'll come back because they treated you right.

What really makes me upset is that Borreal was my first trip to Tahoe and skiing out West and it was such a dissapointment; I could have easily gone to Jiminey Peak in MA, Bromley in VT, Stowe in NH and spent $47 and had a complete blast.

I will never return to this resort.