by: greig family - 28th September 2007

Our family has been at lake alpine since 1937 and bear valley since 1967. We love it and spend alot of time there in the summer as well as the winter. There is alot more to do at bear valley then ski. Its a great place to vacation all year around. The kids will love it, I know I did when I was younger. If you like hiking, mountain biking or just fun at the lake. The general area has many sites to see from Misquito Lake, down to Utica/Union and Spicer Resivors. I recomend a week or two week stay to be able to take in all the sites. Me and my dad some times walk up the mountain side in the light of the moon and camp up on the rocks. The fishing is good, as well as the kiyacking. Its a great place if you want to snap some pictures of the family having fun. Come on up and enjoy all of what Bear Valley and Lake Alpine have to offer. Get some fresh air and meet some great people. This Year the Lake Alpine Lodge will be open all year around. Usually it is closed down in winter due to the heavy snow fall. Now we have snow cats which will be used to shuttle people down to the lodge to view the beautiful snow coverd mountains and lake while enjoying a nice cappicino or a glass of merlot. I would rate the food on a scale of 1-10: a solid 9. The service is a 10 and the views are a 10. Make sure you bundle up this winter and make it one to remember.