by: Justin - 15th February 2009

Downhill terrain, Fast Lifts, Great Views
Bit of a trek to get to

I visited Whistler/Blackcomb late during one of their seasons. I literally got to the resort the day before Whistler was closing for the season, so the remainder of my trip was spent on Blackcomb. To this day I still consider my trip to this resort to be one of my most satisfying ski expeditions. The varied downhill terrain offers something for everyone and the 7th Heaven bowls offer some of the best intermediate runs anywhere. The wide open terrain on the upper portions of both mountains are stunning and very few North American resorts can duplicate this type of experience. From beginner to expert there is something for everyone here. Also a consideration for some is the relatively low altitude of the base village. For those of us who have a difficult time adjusting to the altitude upon arrival at high elevation resorts, myself included, the tame 2,214 ft. of the base area is a welcome relief. Which in a way just emphasizes the 5,000+ ft. of vertical that is at play for both Whistler and Blackcomb. Simply put, this is a great ski resort. I am yet to meet anyone who was dissappointed in their visit to Whistler. I only hope I can revisit the mountain again sometime in the near future.