First hand, user-generated ski reports from Silver Star.

Displaying 6 - 10 of 116 First-hand Reports

Silver Star +
Hard Packed
posted 90 day(s) ago by Dean's iPhone 5s

We just finished a fine week of skiing at Silver Star. In an ordinary year, I might complain about the alternating hard pack and soft spring conditions. Or the lack of new snow, except for a dusting on Thursday. But this year I was grateful to find a solid base and great sunny weather.
posted 90 day(s) ago by Steve's iPhone 6 Plus

Great week of skiing. First tracks on Sunny Ridge every morning were awesome. Not the usual powder we love Silver Star for, but we had a blast.
posted 94 day(s) ago by hwinters

Rock hard ice with a thin veneer dusting of loose granular on top. Terrible. All Black runs are now closed because they are too dangerous. We do some blacks earlier that were groomed with a zamboni I think.
posted 94 day(s) ago by hwinters

Silver Star +
Spring Snow
posted 94 day(s) ago by Mike's iPhone

Soft snow on piste in the sun in most places. Rock hard on the backside and everywhere else. Made the best of a gorgeous day. Much like the rest of the Western Hemisphere NEED MORE SNOW.

Displaying 6 - 10 of 116 First-hand Reports