Loving RMR

by: jasminepallett - Feb 21, 2011

Pros: Amazing snow, terrain, people

Cons: haven't found any yet

Recommended For: Singles, Empty Nesters

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2011

I've spent all season here so far.
So RevelSTOKED I don't know where to start.

We have consistent amazing snow fall weekly. February (now) is the hardest and most tracked out it's been all year simply because of Alberta long weekend. It's busier now than it was over Christmas. We haven't had snow for the past 3 days, and it's cold, but this is very rare that it's hard and tracked out like this.

Otherwise there are never any line ups at the lifts/gondola. I've boarded at 2pm and still found fresh tree lines next to the lift line which is crazy, let alone anywhere else. The terrain is endless and there are people here who have done 4 years and still don't fully know their way around the mountain. A little daunting once you arrive, but a few decent runs and riding with other people will get you on your feet. The bowls are incredible. Greely bowl over far north has the most insane terrain. Possible to be cliffed out, but just take it easy first run and enjoy the powder. Wait until you're ready to cliff drop before you start shooting through these areas a bull at a gate.

Bottom mountain is obviously not a good as the top snow wise, but we have had a good couple of weeks where the bottom was better than the top with fluffy knee deep powder unlike anything I've ever been on before.

It's always going to depend on what time of year you are here to the conditions of the mountain. Some people have it awesome and come at the right time, and others come on the busiest weekend of the year and struggle to see the beauty of the place because of the crowds. Majority of the year it's insanely awesome.

The other day I had sunshine, puking snow and no crowds. THE simple most amazing day i've ever had. The freshies everywhere were unbelievable.

The food at both the mid-mountain lodge and the Rockford are affordable and really great for resort food. I choose to eat at either daily simply because it's so good. Great variety, great service and overall a huge +.

If you want parties day and night don't come here. Go to Whistler. Night life here is great, i love it. But I also don't party super hard. Here we love to have fun, but we also ride hard. Some nights there's a few quiet bevy's to be had, and riding all the next day. Or some nights are late and fun at either the Last Drop, Village Idiot, The Big Eddy or the Regent.

There's a lot of bands and DJS who are making their way out to Revelstoke, and with the local hockey, you are rarely short of having something on.

It's got a great small town feel. The mountain is 5 mins from the town and the people are awesome!

Love this place.