by: Steven - 10th March 2012

No crowds.
Everything else

I been living at red mountain for the season, and I want to let people know that it is not a good skiing resort (ok if you like un-groomed steep trees, ice, slow lifts, no night life and lots of old people). I was told that everything is great, read the reviews but it's all bull. The locals review this place real good to boost the economy. And I've been skiing ice for three weeks now and every one tells me it's never this bad, but looking at the last 10 years of snow fall it's a standard year. One thing it has going is no crowds but there is no snow partly because it's very low and the freezing level is way above the bottom lift. Also the back country is average and alot harder to get to than most places I've been to, and forget about tight trees mostly can't even see 5 meters in to tree runs. Plus if the snow is bad don't consider clubs or fun pubs; social side is dead. All up I was not impressed with this place at all. Been skiing for a long time and it's the worst mountain I have ever done a season at - will not come back.