Great Mountain

by: RossignolSnow - Aug 16, 2010

Pros: Huge snowfall, friendly staff, great night sessions

Cons: Long lift waits

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2010

While this past season was my first real season as a snowboarder on Washington, the many times I did visit this year were great. Lots of snow,freshly groomed everyday, friendly staff.

There was an amazing amount of snow on the mountain this year, I've never seen it to be that much. Like digging out the lifts? that's gotta be a lot. and the Views from the tops of the lifts were just breathtaking.

I've seen many a complaint about the staffing, and how they don't seem very professional. Well every time me and my family went up my mother need to rent ski equipment while my friend and I already had snowboard setups, the staff were very friendly and helpful. I even was a part of a group lesson with a great instructor who helped me improve my skill as a snowboard immensely even after just a short 2 hour lesson. I had even injured my knee during this lesson torquing it in the wrong direction when I fell on it, He immediately came to my aid to see what was wrong and offered to call for to get me a ride back to the lodge, while I was already recovering from the injury it was great to know he was quick to help me in my time of need.

The night sessions on the mountain are amazing, although I've only been once. It was just 6 of us and the mountain was practically ours for the taking maybe another 20 people total up there with us was amazing and the powder hadn't frozen yet and we had an amazing snowball fight with some of the staff.

I've yet to be to Whistler or Sun Peaks, or any other mountain in BC but for living on the west coast of Van Isl, Mount Washington is the place I will go for years to come.