by: anonymous_user - 11th February 2008

30 cm of new snow 2 days in a row greeted us on our first trip to Fernie in years. Stayed at the Best Western with the Boston Pizza out front. The room was of exceptional value. Only 129 dollars plus taxes per night with our CAA discount. Best value I have seen in the mountains in more than 20 years. Signs on other hotels indicated that low room rates at Fernie are the norm. My brother bought new boots on this trip, and we found the staff at the ski gear shops to be extremely knowledgable fitters. I love the small town feel of Fernie. It had been a while since I had stayed in town rather than on hill. In town is another experience all together. The hill was as awsome as ever. Even with bitter cold (-24)and some breeze to make it feel even more so, we were able to work our way around to the right, to get away from the breeze, and enjoyed a great day skiing. Fernie's off Piste offerings gave us all the workout we were looking for. As always Fernie did not dissapoint. Although the new powder on some areas of the hill was heavy, it did not take long to find the lighter stuff in the trees. Overall A++